Sunday, November 16, 2014

Twelve Days of Thankfulness - Day 11: The Global Community Called the Internet

Today I express my gratitude for the global community called the Internet!

When I was diagnosed, one of the first things I did was to consult the internet to research. That was probably a huge mistake, but it also led me to the WebMagic forums for Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. "The Board", as it is affectionately known by those who use it, was an invaluable source of support for me in the early days after diagnosis and before treatment. It was through the Board that I met others who had gone through all of the stages of being a cancer survivor, from diagnosis to treatment, and even to cure for some.  

Common experiences make for good friendships, and for the friendships I have made through the cancer journey I am eternally grateful.  I would be neglectful if I failed to mention one very special friendship in particular.  Without the Internet community and the WebMagic Board, I would never have met my dearest friend Sara, who is an inspiration to so many. No matter how many times life throws a knockout punch at Sara, she always finds a way to get back up again.  I am so very thankful to know her.  There truly are no words.

So, counting down to Thanksgiving on Day 11, I give thanks for the Internet community, which provides information, support, and new friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment