Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Twelve Days of Thankfulness - Day 10: Caregivers

Today I am thankful for all of the caregivers I have been fortunate enough to have in my life. Here are just a few examples:

  • Since my diagnosis in 2006, my husband has accompanied me to every appointment and every scan.
  • My oncologist has always been good about listening to my opinion and working with me regarding treatment options.
  • My nurse practitioner has become one of my very favorite people.  She always takes time to talk with me during appointments about life outside of cancer.
  • One nurse in particular was extremely helpful when, while on vacation, I came down with symptoms of a urinary tract infection.  She found a drugstore in Puerto Rico for me, and called in a prescription for immediate relief from the symptoms, completely saving our vacation.
I can honestly say that every person who works at my oncologist's office goes above and beyond and gives exceptional care.  I am so thankful that over the last 8 plus years, many of them have become like part of my family.

To caregivers everywhere, a heartfelt thank you to you all!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment